Deciding to install solar panels isn’t always a simple process. There are a lot of applications and approvals homeowners need before the system can be legally installed on your property. Polaron simplifies the process by completing all the applications for you. 

What Applications Do I Need?

Net-Metering Application

A Net-Metering Application is necessary to participate in your utility company’s net-metering program. Net-metering is an affordable alternative to batteries and allows you to send any excess energy you produce back to the grid in exchange for credits you can use against future power bills


Building Permit 

A building permit from the local municipality is an essential requirement for almost all projects in order to legally install a solar system on your property. If a permit is necessary, we’ll send the application to your city for approval.  

Electrical Permit

Electrical permits are mandatory for the electrical work required to set up your system. Only certified electricians can use these permits to work on the system.

Rebate Application

This is where it gets a bit tricky. If we’re allowed to, we’ll complete and send in all the necessary paperwork to get you your rebate as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, some incentive programs do not allow us to apply on the homeowner’s behalf, including the popular federal Canada Greener Homes Grant. In this case, we’ll still help provide necessary documents, facilitate your application and be there to answer any questions you might have along the way.

Polaron Makes The Process Easy

We understand a solar installation can feel overwhelming. We don’t want you to have to worry about any of the applications or paperwork. We have a dedicated team of application specialists ready to get you everything you need to install a solar system.

If you want a smooth solar installation, contact us today for a free quote.