We strongly recommend customizing your password periodically for security reasons.
If you know your password and can sign in to your account, you can reset your password from the Account Security Center:
1. Click or tap the “My Account” avatar (located on the top-right corner of screen) and select Account Security. You may need to sign in again.
2. Under “Your ways to sign in”, select Change next to “Password”.
3. Type in your new password, and select Confirm Change.
4. You will be signed out of your account. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
If you don’t remember your password, follow the instructions below:
1. Click I Forgot My Password
on the sign-in page or use this direct link
2. Enter your email address and select Send Email
3. An email containing instructions to reset your password will be sent to you. It may take up to 15 minutes for this email to arrive in your inbox.
If you still don’t get an email:
a. Check your spam folder.
b. Add email@example.com to your sender whitelist.
To request for another email, go back to step 1 and repeat the process. Please note that there is a daily limit on how many password reset emails you can request.
If you believe someone has been abusing your email address, contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Resetting your password will not remove any 2-step verification methods you have previously set. If you are unable to sign in due to 2-step verification, please check out our Blog Article to view methods to recover your account.