Having your system installed is an exciting moment and we can’t wait for you to start reaping the financial and environmental benefits of your new solar system.
If you’ve participated in the Canada Greener Homes Grant (CGHG), we want to make sure that your application is completed properly so you can receive your grant as soon as possible. After your system installation, you’ll need to finish some additional steps to finalize your application. To make things easier, we’ll walk you through everything you’ll need to do to complete your application.
Depending on your province, the application process can vary. For instance, Nova Scotia and Quebec applicants will need to apply directly through an energy auditor. Please check and make sure you’re following the correct process for your province.
Upload Your Solar System Files to the CGHG Website
For Nova Scotia Applicants:
1. We’ll send you an email with all the information and documents you need. Please provide the three files attached in the “Action Required – Two Steps for Canada Greener Homes Grant” email to your Energy Advisor Company.
File 1) Final Inspection Report
File 2) The New Paid in Full Receipt.
File 3) Solar System Information Datasheet
2. If you have already submitted any other solar system invoice or receipt, or you have received a similar Receipt from Polaron and provided it to the Energy Advisor Company, please ask them to disregard the previous files and only use the latest files from Polaron for the CGHG program.
For Prince Edward Island, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia Applicants:
1. We will send you an “Action Required – Two Steps for Canada Greener Homes Grant” email with the required documents you need to upload after your AC installation is complete. Please upload the attached solar system receipt and ESA certification to the CGHG website.
2. To avoid confusion to the CGHG program officer, you should ONLY upload these two files from Polaron as attached in your email to the CGHG website.
File 1) ESA certification
File 2) The New Paid in Full Receipt.
If you can’t find this email or the documents attached, please contact our operations department immediately and we’ll get you the information and documents you need.
3. If you have already submitted any other solar system invoice or receipt, or you have received a similar Receipt from Polaron and uploaded it to the CGHG website previously, please delete the previous files and ONLY upload the two files attached to this email.
Book Your Post-Retrofit Evaluation with the Same Energy Advisor Company
1. Once your Bi-directional meter is installed, and the system is turned on, you need to book a Post Retrofit Evaluation with the same Energy Advisor Company that performed the Pre-Retrofit Evaluation Audit on your home.
For Nova Scotia and Quebec Applicants: Your Energy Advisor Company should help you complete the rest of the process for the grant application.
For Prince Edward Island, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia Applicants: You can provide the attached solar system information datasheet from your “Action Required – Two Steps for Canada Greener Homes Grant” email to your Energy Advisor Company. They might need this information before performing the Post-Retrofit Evaluation Audit.
2. Once the Post-Retrofit Evaluation is done and you received the Post-Retrofit Report from your auditor, you should then upload the following two receipts to the CGHG website:
- receipt for your pre-retrofit evaluation from your energy advisor company
- receipt for your post-retrofit evaluation from your energy advisor company
For further information, please go to CGHG’s websites
Receiving your Grant
After your post-retrofit evaluation is done and the CGHG program officers complete reviewing your files and application, CGHG will let you know to go to their portal and confirm your grant amount so you can receive your grant.
If you have any questions or concerns about your grant application, please feel free to contact our operations team. We’re always here to help! firstname.lastname@example.org