At Polaron Solartech, we use microinverters rather than traditional string inverters in all of our solar panel systems.
This is due to several key reasons:
- Safety: No high DC voltage, which means eliminating the risk of personal injuries and fire hazards
- String inverters reach DC voltage of 600-1000V, which is considered as high and dangerous
- Productivity: Micro-inveters come with a 90% system efficiency guarantee, with up to 25% more in energy harvesting
- Overall, micro-inveters are 3-5% more efficient than string inverters
- Reliability: Longer lifespan than a string inverter
- Smart: Allows for module level of monitoring and worldwide system troubleshooting
- Simple: Easy to design and install; able to be adapted anywhere; allows for single cable access.